You've worked hard for that beautiful smile of yours; keep it that way!
As you are nearing the end of your orthodontic treatment with braces or Invisalign and your smile is beautiful and straight, it is time to start thinking about retainers. To keep your smile looking its best, you'll have to wear a retainer to preserve and stabilize your results. Retainers are needed to control or limit potential changes in tooth position and hold teeth in their correct alignment while the surrounding gums, bone, and muscle adjust to the new positioning of your teeth.
As part of your comprehensive treatment, you will receive a clear, aligner-style retainer that fits over your entire arch of teeth on top and bottom. These are made from an impression/mold of your teeth after your braces or invisalign attachments are removed. If you are looking to avoid an impression/mold, are looking to have a set of backup retainers, or grind your teeth a lot at night, we offer 2 RETAINER UPGRADE OPTIONS:
Option 1: 3D Essix Program
- Retainers are made from a scan of your teeth (instead of an impression/mold) at the visit prior to your braces being removed.
- When the day comes for your braces to be removed, instead of coming back in the afternoon to pick up your retainers, you immediately receive 2 sets of Upper and Lower clear retainers as soon as your braces come off. This means you can schedule to get your braces off in the morning or afternoon.
- Since you receive 2 sets of retainers, you'll always have a backup.
- You also receive 3D printed models of your teeth with the braces digitally removed.
- If you ever lose or break a retainer, you can bring in your 3D models and we can make you another backup retainer for the standard retainer fee.
Option 2: Vivera Retainer Program
For those who are looking for multiple backup retainers and a retainer that is more durable and stronger than traditional retainers
- Also made from a scan of your teeth (instead of an impression/mold) at the visit prior to your braces being removed.
- When the day comes for your braces to be removed, instead of coming back in the afternoon to pick up your retainers, you immediately receive 4 sets of Upper and Lower Vivera retainers as soon as your braces come off. This means you can schedule to get your braces off in the morning or afternoon.
- Vivera retainers are 2x as durable and 30% stronger than other retainers.
- Recommended for those who grind their teeth at night.
- Perfect for those kids going off to college or those whose dog seems to eat their retainer a lot.
If you have any questions about retainers or would like to learn more about our retainer upgrade options, please ask any of our wonderful team members at your next visit! Thank you for being so awesome!
Have you stopped wearing your retainer? Have your teeth shifted since you had braces?
If you're an adult who hasn't worn your retainer, we have you covered!
We offer several treatment options to take care of those front teeth that have rotated since you had treatment. Often, the cost of orthodontic treatment for an adult will be less than for a child if you've already had treatment when you were younger. To learn about your options you can request a complimentary consult here or you can give us a call or text us at 903-212-7737.